MAcarbon’s Wheel Configurator enables you to create the perfect custom steering wheel for your exotic or luxury car. Our latest version of the Configurator is now live! We’ve taken our old configuration and streamlined it, adding some new features based on feedback we’ve received from customers.
- A “Start Order Process” button has been added. This makes it easier for the customer to initiate the order. Before, the customer was left wondering what to do once they had finalized their design. Now, the order process can be initialized right from the Configurator.
- We’ve added the ability to display photos of each wheel option. This gives you the ability to preview live photos of many stitching, ring, and material patterns. The rightmost column has icons that activate if there are available pictures.
- We’ve consolidated all our help options into one location at the top right of the screen. This section includes separate buttons for Chat, General Help, and the Wheel Program FAQ.
- The FAQ answers common questions (duh!) about the wheel program directly form the Configurator. These include things such as
- Will a Ferrari 360 wheel fit my 355?
- Will a later model Lamborghini Gallardo wheel fit my earlier model Lamborghini?
- What is a hub?
- Thread and ring galleries showing examples of many options have been linked into the Configurator. This pouts all the versions in one place for easy viewing.
Try it out here and let us know what you think!
MAcarbon is lucky to be located less than 2 hours from Monterey, CA where some of the best car events in the world are held every year over a span of 4 days. We have had a booth at the Concorso Italiano for 7 years running and it is always a highlight of our year. We get to show off our products and see our customers that we only know from talking on the phone and exchanging emails.
We arrived at the show on Thursday to set up our booth, then we drove up to the club house to have dinner with the Lamborghini Club of America. In attendence at the dinner was The legendary Lamborghini test driver, Valentino Balboni and Anthony Ray A.K.A. “Sir Mix-a-Lot”. A big thanks to Andrew Romanowski for having us at the dinner…It was a blast!
The next day, we went to the show where we were surrounded by Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and other exotic cars. We counted about 20-25 cars on the green with MAcarbon parts installed, including a Ferrari F50 GT1 (1 of 3). We made two sets of diffuser fins for this car and it was one of the highlights of the show.
Here are some pictures from the show…Enjoy!
Our steering wheels have been very popular with MAcarbon’s customers. Each wheel is made to the customer’s specification with a myriad of options for them to pick from. Photos of previous wheels helped customers get some ideas but most had to simply imagine what the wheel would look like. This flexibility has also lead to a lot of confusion on how much a wheel would actually cost. So after almost six months of development, MAcarbon has launched our online wheel configurator. Now a customer can play around with all of the options available for a wheel, see right in the window what the wheel willlook like and have the system automatically calculate the price. The customer can then email the configuration to themselves when done.
We have launched the application with two of our most popular wheels. The first wheel is the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale. THe 360CS interior is almost all carbon already and a CF wheel makes a big impact. The second whell is the Porsche 997 Gen 1 Sport wheel which Porsche does not offer in carbon. We will be adding more wheels over the coming days.
Even with the configurator, properly spec’ing out a wheel involves a lot of decisions. The customer can chat directly with MAcarbon as they use the tool as well as call us.
Try the Configurator your self with this link: MAcarbon Wheel Configurator
Screen shot of the MAcarbon Wheel Configurator
The OEM wheel that comes on the Lamborghini Murcielago leaves a lot to be desired. The thin diameter and the cheap looking leather definitely do not belong on a $250k supercar! We recently did this wheel for a customer looking to upgrade his wheel and freshen up the look of the interior. Not only does this wheel feature custom yellow stitching and a carbon bottom, but we also covered the grips with suede to increase the diameter of the wheel by 5 mm! The wheel looks much beefier now and it finally complements the aggressive look of this yellow beast!
MAcarbon recently did a custom carbon fiber steering wheel for a Lamborghini Gallardo with a twin turbo kit from Heffner Performance. The car features a unique Lamborghini color called Blu Cepheus, so we customized this wheel with Blu Cepheus stitching and a painted 12 o’clock ring. The top and bottom sections were done in carbon fiber, as well as the wheel center. Check this sweet wheel out!